Your first visit is all about you: your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we may:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your teeth and mouth
- Clean and polish your teeth, checking your teeth and gums for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
After your checkup, the dentist discuss your X-rays, create your own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your health insurance card if you have private cover
- A list of medications you currently take
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The Australian Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit the dentist, please remember that your appointments can last between 30 and 60 minutes.