Custom-made Mouth Guards
At Hill Street Dental, we make custom mouth guards. Most colour options are available. The cost and thickness of the mouthguards we make depend on your age and the level of protection you need.
How should I care for a mouthguard?
- Clean your mouthguard by washing it with soap and warm (not hot) water.
- Keep your mouthguard in a well-ventilated plastic storage box when not in use. Make sure the box has several holes so the mouthguard will dry.
- Heat is bad for mouthguards, so don’t leave it in direct sunlight or in a closed car.
- Don’t bend your mouthguard when storing it.
- Don’t handle or wear someone else’s mouthguard.
As a mum, Joanne recommends that if you take your mouthguard out during a match, put it in your sock! This will ensure that it comes home with you.